PhD, Computer Music & Multimedia Art
Thesis: Anxiety of Influence
Committee: Todd Winkler & Butch Rovan, Brown Univ; Luke Dubois, NYU; and Roger Dannenberg, CMU
MA, Creative Arts
Thesis: Variations on the Theme of Metamorphosis
Director: Maggie Phillips
MA, Computer Music & Multimedia Art
Thesis: Sculpting Sound & Image: Creating Digital Transmedia with Kinetic Movement
Advisor: Todd Winkler
MM, Computer Music Composition (Fulbright Scholarship)
Thesis: Liquid Mirror, for orchestra and live electronics
Advisor: Jeffrey Hass
BMus, Music Performance
Thesis: Symphony No 1, for orchestra
Advisor: Brian Howard
Honors & Awards
- Creative Arts Council Grants (4) Brown University (2006-2010)
- Dean’s Prize (1st place, electroacoustic section) Indiana University (2005)
- IDEAS festival Indiana University (2005)IDEAS festival Indiana University (2005)
- Australian Harp Composition Competition – 2nd place (2005)
- Fulbright Foundation – Postgraduate Fellowship (2003-2004)
- Peggy Glanville-Hicks Foundation – Composer-in-Residence (2000)
- West Australian Department of Culture and the Arts – grant (2000)
- Australian Guild of Screen Composers – Screen Music Award (1999)
- National Australia Day Council – Young Australian of the Year, Arts Division (1998)
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young Composers Award (1995)
- Paper House, Soundtrack for the installationJoan
- Backes / McCormick Gallery, Chicago.
- Elysium, Interactive sound, graphics & MIDI lighting)
- Elizabeth Shea/ Blackbox Theatre, Bloomington, Indiana.
- Kaleidoscope, Chamber work
- Ensemble Archangello.
- Mirror Mirror, Full length orchestral ballet score
- Australian Ballet, season performances, 2000.
- Structures – Soundtrack for the art film Glen Eaves
- Futurist Films, Perth 2097
- Orlando, 1-act length orchestral ballet score
- Western Australia Ballet, 1998.
- The Faun, Orchestral work
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) performed over 100 times throughout Australia, 1995.